Review: Teardrop by Lauren Kate

Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)Title: Teardrop (Teardrop #1)

Author: Lauren Kate

Format: Hardback (Delacorte Books for Young Readers | Owned)

Find it on: Goodreads | Book Depository

Summary (Goodreads): Never, ever cry… Seventeen-year-old Eureka won’t let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean. And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother’s death and Ander’s appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don’t make sense. Can everything you love be washed away?

My thoughts: I’m fooled once again by the irresistible  cover . Dont ya think so? God the cover is just so deceiving. And FYI I did finish the book. Let me tell you the action only came in in the last 10% of the book. Pathetic. The other 90% waste of time and paper. Seriously. I think this series dont have to be a trilogy. I mean looking at the current situation. One do not have to read the first to get to the second book. Since there’s not much to learn from the first either. Pathetic. I find that there is seriously no improvement since her first series. And its just so painful to read. The characters…terrible. Now i know why Eureka and Cat gets together. One is like totally mopey and complaining all the time and the other she practically throws herself on any boy she meets. Its like there’s no such thing as self-respect and shallow in her dictionary. God such characters. And worse still we have to bear with Eureka logic. Since when does not crying = to being emotionally strong. You’re just deceiving yourself. And the evidence: you complaining and not doing anything about the problem. And we have the stalker Ander. Its creepy that he has watched Eureka for most of her life. And he calls it observing.    That kind of observation it’s stalker-ish and creepy. And Eureka being weird and stuff stupidly fell for him instead of Brooks. Come on, how long have you known Ander. He’s appears out of no where and you still dont doubt that it’s creepy. The whole thing in this book is so messed up. I’m so not reading the second or the third. And the second book has a cover and it just totally blew me. Its just so gorgeous. And now I’ve learnt my lesson Lauren Kate’s books are always perfect on the outside and not on the inside. Not like books who has both the looks and the content.

Rating: 0.5 / 5 stars. That’s how much I love this book

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s